Friday, April 24, 2009

phhssshh.

I was working me butt off in the trainer's room today, and I was sweating buckets. (Literally!)
All of a sudden, my training buddy looks up, eyes wide with shock, jaw wide open, you get the idea. Who else should walk in but Kobe Bryant, with his cronies, getting an ice bath? Yeah. Stripped down to little black spandex shorts, and everyone was having the times of their lives, giving him high fives and all. I finished my workout and left. He's just another one of us, that's all. What's the big deal?

I walked to the pool, and everyone on the team couldn't believe I left. "What's he like?" "Is he cool?" "Is he REALLY in there?" etc. etc. etc. They all looked at me expectantly for some profound amazing story. I sarcastically said, "Oh, my goodness. He's AMAZING." I rolled my eyes and made it clear it was no big deal. Everyone laughed. And a boy on the team piped up, "I'd give ANYTHING to be Kobe Bryant." (A disturbing comment, imo.)

I don't like that smug smirk on Kobe's face. "I'm rich and famous enough to get away with anything I want."

1 comment:

Christopher said...

I agree with you. I think all celebrities are just people too. I wish that people would not worship them like they do. especially Kobe "I get all the calls by the ref" Bryant.