Monday, February 02, 2009

Turning into a...geek? Nerd? What's the difference?

Okay, maybe I was already a nerd.

But for my math class, we had to buy software for our computer called Maple, officially called Maplesoft, but everyone calls it maple.

It is a fun program to play with! It can integrate, differentiate, solve, graph, plot, draw slope lines, etc. for any equation you can think of! (Well, most of them.) And I find myself starting to play with it in my free time instead of watching TV or playing games. (Not that I get much free time...)

Yay for being a nerd!!

4 comments:

Rick Edge said...

hmmmm... Maaaaple.
Just wait until you get to play with Matlab. You won't even miss Heroes anymore.

Anonymous said...

how about if a recipe calls for 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar and you want to 1 and 1/2 times the recipe, how much sugar would you use?. Bet your old Maple can't do that!

Letty said...

You funny nerds...you crack me up!
I only speak from being married to one of the OTHER nerds in your family.
I only hope our shildren get your genetics.

Brittany said...

Ha! I remember using Maple over the summer when I was in Access.

And speaking of nerd, I used to know the dictionary definiton of nerdy by heart. Wish I still did.