Monday, November 10, 2008

Facebook...

So, I have come to the conclusion that deleting my facebook account will make my life easier and free up some time.
However...when I go to delete my account, the only option facebook will give you is to "deactivate" your account. It's like putting your computer in the sleep mode. It doesn't really shut down. By deactivating your account, facebook saves all of your information, and you are still visible to the world. I wanted to DELETE my account, deleting all my activity, all my footsteps, everything.
I googled how to do this particular task. Everywhere it said you had to call customer service, or e-mail facebook. One particular person had to threaten facebook with legal action before they did anything. One source suggested you delete every friend you have, every picture, everything you ever posted. For one being on facebook for 1 1/2 years, that is a LOT of stuff, a daunting task.
Luckily, I found a group on facebook that helps you through the process. Only from here did i find a link that led you to a page on facebook saying "do you really want to delete your account?" I knew I found the holy grail. I clicked on it, only to have a message telling me that it will deactivate my account, wait for 14 days, then it will delete everything. If you log in even once during this time period, it will cancel the process.

I think facebook secretly wants to take over the world, and the first step is to make sure that everyone onboard can't leave. They're betting I'll be tempted to check facebook in the next two weeks. Well, they lost one possible candidate for brainwashing.

9 comments:

Old Warrior said...

Free at last!

Old Warrior said...

What does "Natnog" mean, exactly...?

Nedge said...

I don't honestly know what "natnog" means. I just felt like "Medgenat Nutmeg Eggnog" was too long.

Perhaps it's short for "Nat's Noggin."

Perhaps I shall retitle it natsnoggin. But then it sounds like i'm from Harry Potter, particularly the books involving "snogging." Nat's snoggin,is what it sounds like. Not quite appropriate...

Old Warrior said...

can you say "ramble"...

Nedge said...

ha ha ha. I may just have to do that. Because that's what essentially this entire blog is!

Tanner's Tales said...

Did I hear Nat's Snogging??? With whom (who?) pray tell...

Nedge said...

And I thought I had bad hearing.

Lauren said...

That's funny, cause just before I read your blog I was thinking of deleting my facebook too! Mostly cause I'm stressin, and I tend to do drastic things when I stress.

Christopher said...

I was wondering what happened to you and Lauren when I saw you weren't my friend on facebook anymore. I thought maybe I had said something wrong.