Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sick of American Idol type singers? Or are you really bored?

We used to listen to a song while training in high school that was...bizarre. Fortunately for me, a good friend Emily Dee, found it, and put it on her blog! It's all in Russian, sung by the famous Russian singer Vitas. For some reason the it was ordered that te papers claim his songs were lip synched- he didn't really do it. However, he fought to prove himself the true singer in concerts by taking the mike away from his face so you know, "oh, there's no sound because the mike is gone. Ah."

Anyhow. Here's a video (without the mike tricks):


the translation goes something like this:

my house is built, but i am alone in it;
the door got shut behind my back;
the autumn wind is knocking on the window,
crying again over me.

there is thunder at night, and mist in the morning;
the sun has got cold;
pains from long ago go one after another,
let them combine into one

y-a

my house is built, but i am alone in it;
the door got shut behind my back;
the autumn wind is knocking on the window,
crying again over me.

it's fate, and I can't ask
fate for anything;
but i know how after me
winds would start howling

y-a


Here's what doesn't make sense: The official music video for this song...he has gills! What?!

4 comments:

Rick Edge said...

AND he plays the accordion.

cool

Old Warrior said...

Gills, accordian, and singing like a 3rd-grade girl. Guy is the whole package...

Emily Stapley said...

oh my lanta.
my name is used in one of natalie edges blogs!! i feel so honored! :D
hehehe. i think this guy is sooo awesome! :D

Anonymous said...

i have never been more creeped out! natalie, i hope you don't play your accordion like that!

maddie