Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving and activities

Well, this year I didn't get as many pictures so... Willie and Poppy seemed to always want grandma's attention.
(yes, Poppy is pinching Will. I think if you maximize it, all three faces are amusing to look at. Poppy's face of mischievious delight, Will's just kind of sitting there, while Grandma makes an appropriate "oh!" face.)
In order to keep a very hyper Oscar still, we played a "game." You lie down on the ground, and you can't open your eyes, no matter what happens. Five minutes later "is this game over yet?"
Oscar valiantly keeping his eyes shut while Poppy practices being cute.


Ah ha! This is where things start to get fun, except for poor Will, who was starting to get sick. We drove up to the Jordan River to go on a walk and to hunt.



We weren't hunting for ducks, though...




Golf balls galore! It's like an easter egg hunt, but you have no idea how many eggs are out there, and what kind you'll find. With Oscar's, we found about fifty in the tall grass by the river. I have to admit, it was a lot of fun, despite all the burrs and brambles that caught me and got caught in my hair... I found the green one, by the way.

5 comments:

Brittany said...

You know, I think that I would get sick too if I was walking near the river. You guys are so cute! I love your family!

Rick Edge said...

It was good to see you, abby. It's good to have more supporting evidence for Poppy. I'm sure that she will be plenty sweet later in life, and need to be reminded of, well, the spicy attitude...

Tanner's Tales said...

I love the picture of Poppy pinching Willie. It's so funny. She has quite the bunch of skin in her fingers!

Anonymous said...

I think I would be very good at the game Oscar is playing. Anyone want to challenge me? Thats a funny picture of Poppy and Willie, Poppy may be pinching Willie but Willie may be giving Poppy the croup!

Joslynn said...

Ahhh! It's the babes!
There is nothing more beautiful for me to see on this planet than those babies!