Friday, June 09, 2006

Biking is sooooo sweet

Biking has got to be the sweetest thing for me right now. Now that I bike to work, my life hasn't been wasted sitting at stoplights forever. I'm now the biker that gets to keep going all the way to the front of the line, and by the time I make it to the front, the light has turned green, and I can keep going, and all those cars have to pass me again...until they hit the next stoplight, and I'll pass them again, and please note...most of the time, I don't have to stop.
Yesterday I was pumping at 30 MPH, when the light straight ahead of me turned yellow. I decided to take on the overpass bridge. I believe there is nothing as terrifying as trying to turn your bike at a 180 degree in only about 10 feet with your feet clipped in the pedals...so if you fall, the bike goes with you. Well, I succeeded without falling, and took off down the road. The cars that were there at the light never caught up with me. Sweet.
But I wasn't always this uh...graceful? My first day riding my bike to work, I had a flawless ride...until at the very end when I tried to get off. I forgot to unclip my other foot, so I fell, and the bike fell with me. Then I had to fix the chain, and when I stood up, the bike bit me. Literally. There are four holes in my leg. I guess that's what you get for making your bike fall over.

3 comments:

Nedge said...

Old Warrrior, yes, I knew that Eddy was that tough and was known as "the Cannibal". It gives me something to aspire to. (wink wink)

Brittany said...

Wow. You and your biking skills. Keep it up! Your athletic abilities never cease to amaze and inspire me.

This post reminded me of that bike mobile we planned on constructing last summer. Do you remember that? Wasn't this summer's project supposed to be a go-anywhere boat machine? What were we thinking!?!

Melissa said...

I'm trying to hone my biking skills as well. I've just got to fix the flat from my last ride.