Monday, February 18, 2008

Writing


Well, starting from the beginning of my college experience, these are all the majors I've seriously considered:
chemistry
english
geology
athletic trainer
english
biology
math

And now I'm stuck on journalism or english. But when I shared my idea with a few other people, they discouraged me by saying "I hope you can find a job with that." I can't seem to get away from the English aspect of my life--I like it too much, but I know I have the ability to succeed in other areas. And I keep thinking that I should do something in science, because there never seems to be enough science or math teachers in schools... ay.
I like to write too much, even though I'm not exemplary at it. Man, I was reading to my mom last night, and I can't even pronounce half the words I read!!!
Hopefully I'll break out of this English mold, and do something math or science oriented... Ugh! I like too many different things! Why can't I like just one subject?

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Yay for Calvin and Hobbes!

Anonymous said...

Don't think about what anyone else thinks. You are the one that will have to face the line of work you choose. That is why I had to run away from home. I couldn't let anyone know what I was thinking!

Old Warrior said...

Nedgie--we need you doing whatever you will enjoy doing. Every college major and job decision has positives and negatives. Do what you think you will enjoy and what will allow you to persue other passions in your life

Lauren said...

Seroiusly, just choose something you will like doing! I was stuck in your trap before I changed my major. I was going to do a major just cause I knew I could get a job easily with it. Than, I started to get ready to register for classes and I realized that the rode ahead for that major did not look fun to me at all. So I explored around a little, and found a major I think I relly like alot. Hopefully this helps.

Melissa said...

I'm working on my second degree in English. I don't feel like a total failure. Make the best decision for you, and let the chips fall where they may.