Wednesday, February 06, 2008

FINALLY!

I can easily spot rabbits, but why not deer? Because I've been taking the shuttle everywhere. Because I discovered a new band I enjoy immensely (so far), I wanted to have more time to listen to them. So I decided to walk. And I didn't see one or two deer, which would have satisfied me, but 11! All hanging out behind the actual Chapel Glen by the park. I took a picture with my phone, but it won't send pictures to the computer because it has a glitch. So I walked back to my room, got the camera, and took a few pictures. I got a little too close, because a young male deer started pawing the ground, ready to charge so...

On another note, some interesting developments have happened at the pool. A kid on our team had rashes on his feet over Christmas training. He didn't think much of it. But sometime over the course of last week, he had additional problems, and was rushed to the hospital. As of yesterday, there is almost absolutely no skin left on his right foot. The doctors found he picked up herpes from the deck, and caused his foot to get infected the way it did. Because of this herpes scare, they are going to sanitize our pool deck, the locker rooms, anything that has touched the deck, like our equipment... And all the girls are freaking out, and told on me (I have a small rash on my stomach that has been there for...well, forever.). Now I'm being forced to go see the doctor today after practice, the very same doctor who I had to wait for TWO HOURS and she was grouchy and irritable. Bleah. What a waste of time.

3 comments:

Letty said...

Sorry Nat, I hope all is well. Maybe you will get out of swimming for a bit if it actually is something!
as for the Deer that is really cool. I predict a large amount of yellow snow in your vicinity.

Anonymous said...

Remember to tell all the pools you've visited for meets about the herpes so they can clean their decks as well.

Lauren said...

So, was it the cold sore virus of herpes? Did his feet hurt like crazy?