Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Oregon ho!

So.... I'm at a meet in Oregon. My first impression of Oregon is...trees! Trees, trees, and more trees! It was a lovely green feast for my eyes. Here's the picture of the pool, even though it's hard to capture how cool it is. It is literally enclosed and hidden in a huge cluster of trees. So nice.






This is the awards ceremony. The coach of the champion in the event gets to hand out the medals to the swimmers. Swiss won the 200 breaststroke, and set a meet record in it!
I'm doing pretty well so far. I've split a 25.58 in the 50 free on the relay (I went second), which is pretty good. I got a best time in my 100 free this morning with a 57.70, but took sixth tonight with a 58.02.
I swim the 200 free and 400 IM tomorrow, 400 free on Friday, and the 50 free, 200 IM on Saturday.
Saturday night we watch Batman!
Sunday morning we fly home.


5 comments:

Emily Stapley said...

and you didn't go to forks????

Letty said...

Sounds like fun!
I think Oregon is pretty too.
great job on your swims...

mad dog said...

It looks beautiful! Good job on your races so far!

I agree w/ Emily: Team trip to Forks instead of Batman.

mad dog said...

It looks beautiful! Good job on your races so far!

I agree w/ Emily: Team trip to Forks instead of Batman.

mad dog said...

oops sorry i posted twice